Getting the same muscle-preserving benefits from a plant-based meal is possible on a vegetarian diet. Here are some of your best options.
1. High protein white beans. White beans contain almost 18 grams of protein per serving, while other beans can range from 9-18 grams.
2. Quinoa, teff, and amaranth are protein powerhouses averaging 8-10 grams of protein per serving. Make sure to soak and cook these naturally gluten-free " seed" grains well to unlock their micro and macronutrient potential and render them easy to digest.
3. Pumpkin seeds yield around 9 grams of protein per serving, and pumpkin seed protein yields 19 grams of protein! Pumpkin seeds are also rich in zinc and omega 3s which are also only found in fish and meat.
4. Lentils have 9 grams of protein per serving, which is even more than one egg. Most people find sprouted lentils easy to digest.
5. Hemp seeds have 6 grams of protein and are very easy to throw into a smoothie, or on a salad.